Investor Immigration

It is possible to invest your way into a Green Card or a long-term stay in the United States. There are two main investor visas available to aliens: EB-5 and E-2. Your spouse and children (depending on age and marital status) will also be eligible for a Green Card or right to reside in the U.S. The EB-5 is a pathway to a Green Card while the E-2 is a pathway to continuously work in your business and reside in the U.S.
At Hyder Law, we are experienced with both EB-5 and E-2 Visas. These visas require expert attention because the application and the supporting evidence are lengthy and particularly detailed. A Hyder Lawyer will ensure that your application and supporting evidence is presented expertly to USCIS.
During your investor visa consultation with a Hyder Lawyer, you will be presented with an investor visa strategy tailored to your business and investment needs. The amount of your business investment will be a key component in your tailored strategy. We will work with you to make your investment and immigration goals a reality for you and your family.

EB-5 Overview

  • Green Card eligible.
  • 10,000 visas are available each year in this category. The quota has never been filled in any year, which means if you are successful you will not be subject to a wait.
  • The U.S. created this visa to provide the U.S. with foreign investment and to create jobs for U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents (Green Card holders).
  • The investment must be in a business that benefits the U.S. economy and provides at least 10 full-time jobs for U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card holders).
  • The investment must be at least $1 Mill. However, a lower investment of $500K is available if the business is created in certain areas where unemployment is high.
  • The investor must be actively engaged in the management of the business.

For more information on the E-B5 process, visit the official USCIS link:

EB-5 Visa

E-2 Overview

  • An E-2 visa holder and immediate family members may continue to live and work in the U.S. provided the alien investor continues to satisfy the requirements for the E-2 Visa. The E-2 visa holder will need to renew the visa every 2 years. In short, a Green Card is not available for E-2 Visa holders, but it may be an excellent option for those wishing to live and work in the U.S. with their families. Note that most visas are not as generous as the E-2 because they do not allow for continuous stay.
  • Available to citizens of certain countries that are under a Treaty with the U.S.
  • Alien investor must be engaged in trade, which means the exchange, purchase or sale of goods or services.
  • Alien investor must make an active investment. This means the investor must genuinely commit or be in the process of committing the investment money to the business.
  • Alien investor must make a substantial investment. There is no specific dollar amount. The fulfillment of this requirement depends on several factors including the amount of trade taking place/services being offered, and the number of transactions/frequency of services being obtained.
  • Alien investment must create jobs. There is no set number of jobs that must be created, but the business should not be solely family operated and must create job opportunities for U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents (Green Card holders).
  • Alien investor must play an essential management/executive role in the business.

For more information on the E-2 process, visit the official USCIS link:

E-2 Visa

We Are Here to Help
With Your Immigration Needs
Call for Your Consultation Today
(718) 666-8648